Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Bitty Baby's Dedication

You might ask, "What is a Baby Dedication?" Well a Baby Dedication is a Christian Church ceremony in which the parents of the child, along with other family members (and in our case, the whole congregation) confess and promise to raise the child in the ways that the Bible instructs us. This is something that my husband and I feel passionately about. And this occasion was even more special. Right at 2 years ago we found a great church, and what I mean by a great church is the people and the pastor. I was in my 2nd trimester with B, and the church took us in with open arms. So of course we had our Pastor dedicate her when she was just 8 days old. 

This time around it was a bit different; it was bittersweet. You see, this was our Pastor's last week at this congregation. There were 3 times the amount of people there than on a usual Sunday, and everyone gave him such a sweet farewell. So at the closing of his special service, he, along with all of us, dedicated Bitty Baby to the Lord. I wanted to bawl my eyes out just thinking that he was doing this out of faith and he wouldn't physically be there to watch her grow. Thank God for Facebook, and this Blog. We'll be able to stay connected.



Psalm 139:13 (NLT)
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb.


When we first went up front

First was our part of the commitment

Then was the Family's part of the commitment

And then the whole congregation. 


Afterwards, there was a dinner to honor our Pastors and their family. I got to sneak a few pictures of the girls playing together one last time. 







Ok, enough tears shed already this morning. Thank you Pastor for everything that you have done for us, and not only for us personally , but for our community. You have opened doors here that no one has done before. I look forward to seeing what God is going to do through our new pastor. 


Numbers 6:24-26 (NIV)
"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."



2 comments:

Sharon May- Liebman said...

Precious family! Love to each of you! Tena and Ron - both of you look great! Kimberly pretty as ever and those babies are just darling! Tell your Mother "HI" for me!

Stay at home mom said...

I will Sharon. Thank you.