Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Count Your Blessings

This topic has been weighing on my mind for the past few days. I've actually put off writing about it four different times, but the subject keeps coming back to my mind. 

With the current government furlough in effect, I've found myself getting discouraged and almost depressed. Bills are coming in and and we don't have the money to pay them. We are now unable to pay for my daughter's gymnastics, and the phone/internet/cable got tuned off this morning. For a short time, I thought we might have to send smoke signals to our friends and family in order to communicate. But thanks to my family, who came to the rescue and payed our bill. It would not have been safe to be at home with four children and no phone. So God has laid it on my heart to count my blessings. I have so many things to be happy about, that all this other junk is beneath my feet.

These are some of the things that I consider a blessing:
My hard working husband.
Our family is healthy.
My parents.
A great Church family.
A Christian education.
A flourishing garden.
Our children.
A baby who makes me smile.
A toddler who makes me laugh.
A daughter who is always willing to lend a helping hand.
A son who is always in tune to when I need a hug.
I am blessed that even though we have a furlough, that my husband still has a job.
I am able to stay home to be our children's main caregiver.
Family, that even though they may not be physically close, maintain a great relationship from afar.
Two running vehicles.
A house that we are super cozy in.
.........and the list could go on and on.

Psalm 30:5
.......sorrow may last for a night, but joy comes in the morning.

I've needed to lift my chin and look to him, instead of my circumstances. I hope this may help someone else, who may be going through a similar situation.

God Bless.

No comments: