Saturday, July 13, 2013

What a fun day in the sun!

This summer we, and what I mean by "we" is me and our four kids, have been going to our local library for their Summer Reading Program. We started off pretty passionate about reading everyday, until our garden came in. So instead of our daily visit to the library, I was canning jams and pickles. Even though the two little ones cannot read yet, they have a program that allows them to be listeners. We totaled today with 146 books over a 6 week period. But we really only participated in 4 weeks of it. My older kiddos made it to about 50 chapters, which I think is pretty good, since they were only reading and participating every other week........even with cheerleading on top of that. 

Today was the party in celebration of all those who participated in the Summer Reading Program. They all had a blast, except for when Bitty Baby woke up and got hot. We started off with Pizza, then ice cream sandwiches, water sprinkler, and face painting. None of our kiddos won any of the Grand Prizes, but at least it made them read over the summer. They are much better off for it. My son was a helper, along with 3 other teens. He was in charge of filling cups and handing out sodas. He told me that it made him feel great to help out the people in the community. As a mom, I was so proud to hear him say that. 

So here's quite a few pics of our party. Such fun!

She was shocked that I let her hold her ice cream sandwich.






Bitty Baby enjoying the shade.

She wanted to get in the sprinkler so bad.

She and Big Sister just watched from afar.


She got brave and got a tad bit closer.


Add caption

Yay, she got sprinkled...........that's enough.

Big Brother helping out with the drinks.

My handsome boy.

Ride 'em Cowgirl!





Book after book, she took them to the bean bag and read them out loud to us in her language.




"Hi Bubba!"

She was saying, "Cow, Cow, Cow,  Pig........oh cow cow". 

B reading to her Big Sister

Bitty Baby has now joined us in all the fun.



Miss Virginia is all geared up to be pegged with water balloons from all the kids. Such a good sport.

B getting a pink flower painted on her cheek. I can't believe how still she sat. She had a great time.

Now that the party is over, she is still asleep 2 and a half hours later. We wore her out. lol. Next we will probably go swimming for a bit. My older kiddos have begged me all morning. 

Well, Happy Weekend to all my Blogger Buddies! Stay safe and God Bless!

No comments: