Thursday, June 20, 2013

And it keeps piling on....

I know I always write about how I have so much going on around here, but it's true. These last 2 weeks I have felt like I've ran around like a chicken with it's head cut off. 

This weekend my husband's half brother is getting married, and I was asked to make his groom's cake. I am honored, but in addition to that my husband is a groomsman and the wedding is an hour away from here. I would be a little more relaxed about it if I could get the chocolate to cooperate with me. I am supposed to make and AR-15 out of chocolate and have it standing on the cake, like it's on its tripod. Now I'm ok with the sculpting part, but my structure is needing help. Plus the heat is not helping firm up the chocolate. Lord help me! So, I've put a request in to let me sculpt it on its side, laying across the cake. I hope he complies. Meanwhile, I will beef up my construction skills. 

I had to take a break from the chocolate, before I got frustrated. So here we go. Some pics and video from this last week. Enjoy!

B walking in Daddy's shoes. She did have her other foot in, but took it out right before I snapped the shot.

Farm eggs that I bought from our local Community Market. I LOVE the green egg. It's so special.

Bitty Baby trying out the jumper for the first time. She liked it for about 3 minutes and then hated it.

B got bit by a mosquito and her eye almost swelled shut. Right there was about as open as she could get it. Poor baby looked so bad, but she felt fine.

Bitty Baby started "Army Crawling" 2 days ago, and crawled right off her quilt.

Yesterday, she found her feet. Yay! Built in toys!

Me, playing around with more vintage hairstyles. This one needs more practice, but definitely fun!

Tried Bitty Baby out in the highchair. She like it for a bit, but she's too small for it. they need to make baby stuff for "my sized" babies. Everything seems too big.




Bitty Baby is talking away at first. Sorry I held it on her so long. I thought she'd do more. But she is really into watching Baby Einstein.



This is my talkative one. She went from "Mama" to meowing like a cat. She's always up to something.


I hope you all have a great weekend! God Bless!


No comments: