Saturday, June 29, 2013

Yes, I am one of THOSE mamas

I confess! I'm a bragger. But of course I've never met a mom that didn't brag about her kids. 

For some time now B has been showing potty training readiness. But with Bitty Baby just being born, we wanted to wait until the summer. At least the newness of the baby has somewhat worn off. Well, we have now completed our first 6 days of potty training, and everyone is still alive. We started on Monday with no training potty........I really suggest a training potty. We sat her repeatedly on the toilet all day, and put cloth diapers (with the insert removed) on her. No pee pees. This went on until Thursday. All 3 days, no pee pees. Thursday was pay day. Yippee! We got her a super cool Disney Princess Potty. She loves it. Thursday, she did a few drops. Yesterday and today, she has let the flood gates open. Ha Ha! I'm so proud of her!

She loves her potty chair. She carries it around, stands on it, stands in it. And has even told us that she wants to sit on it. We have been sure to reward her with lots of praises, even give her treats like a few raisins or a brownie that I cut up into tiny squares. She loves chocolate, so I might even try some chocolate chips. 

My husband suggested pull-ups, but B will probably be my 10th something child to potty train. And in my opinion, pull-ups only prolong training. They're the same thing as a diaper, only more expensive. So until I can afford some rubber covered training pants, she'll either be in cloth or disposable diapers.......that is when she's not running around the living room naked.

Summertime is the best time to potty train. You can let them run around outside without any clothes on without fear of getting too cold, only here the skeeters will eat you alive. I haven't tried it yet, but it worked on my oldest daughter. 

I'm hoping that we continue to do good on the potty training. But it's one of those things. Sometimes it's like 2 steps forward then one step back. I hope I'm not writing about my frustration next week. 

But anyway, here's a pic of B loving her new potty.



Wish us luck! And ya'll have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVED potty training time with my girls, lots of p---y touching and they think nothing of it