Friday, June 7, 2013

Sunny Day

Today has been an ordinary day. B and I picked strawberries and blueberries, while Bitty Baby napped. I do wish that I had an extra hand because my boxes all need some serious weeding, but I was able to snap the suckers off the tomatoes before coming back inside. 

B is fascinated with farm animals these days. I was able to get some cleaning done on the kitchen while she watched Baby MacDonald and part of Milo and Otis. Her love for Farm things already has me planning her theme for her 2nd Birthday Party. We have the perfect set up in our back yard, now that the dogs have been moved to their own dog run. 

Yesterday, I caught Bitty Baby with her thumb again.


She now has a favorite Blankie. It's not a fancy one like all my others had, but just a plain Pink Receiving Blanket. She pulls it close to her face, and when she's not chewing or sucking on the blanket, she's sucking her thumb. There's no stopping her now. No matter how many times I stick the paci back in her mouth, she spits out her paci and sticks in her thumb. I give up. This is not a battle that I want to fight this go around. She wins.

Now that Bitty Baby has been rolling over, she wants to become mobile. If only she could get her upper half to cooperate. Those little legs scoot her around in a complete circle, with her head still in the same place. Oh boy! It won't be long until I'll be chasing her around the house too!

Not a blue eyed baby anymore. Their halfway to brown.

As soon as the girls went down for their naps, I sneaked outside and hung the diapers on the line. The sun is out. It's quite humid, but I think they will dry. They need the sun anyway. The best thing for getting baby poop stains out of diaper or clothes is the sun. Last week she had one of those poopies that went straight up her back. I washed her onsie like 2 times and the stain was still there. It took 3 days of hanging in the sunshine, but now the stain is completely gone. The sun works great on spit-up stains too. 



Hopefully, tomorrow the grass will get mowed and trimmed. 

But while, I'm on the subject of laundry, I want to tell you about the new way I'm making my detergent. Over 2 years ago I started making my own laundry detergent. I had several requests for the recipe and instructions. But since then I have made the same recipe 2 more different ways. The first way, you add a lot of water, and it make 3 gallons. The second way, you only add 1/2 gal of water, and then put it in the blender after it's cooled. The third way is now my favorite, and the easiest!

 It is:
 1 cup of Borax
 1 cup of Washing Soda
1 bar of Ivory Soap, grated

Place everything in the blender, blend until the soap shavings are small. And I added a few drops of lavender oil, while it was running. And then just store it in a sealed container. So Easy! It is a dry version, but it still works just the same as the wet version. I doubled the recipe. I may triple it next time. It's my favorite, because there's no water to separate after it sits for a while. And it's super cheap!

Give it a try. You will never spend money on other laundry detergent again. 

God Bless! And have a great weekend.



No comments: