Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Ho Hum Day

I don't have anything specific to post about today. I have several projects that I'm currently working on. I heard it's a family gene that makes us have about 50 projects going at one time, but none of them finished. HeeHee!

Let's see..... First I have baby food spice jars- It is taking me quite a while to find magnets strong enough to hold the glass side of a baby food jar to the side of my refrigerator. I may have to go to a hardware store. The craft stores around here just have the same stuff. I tried out 4 of them, but had to put 2 magnets side by side. And that is just not good enough for me. I want something stronger. Next I plan to paint the lids with chalkboard paint and write the name of the spice or herb in chalk. This is going to replace my counter top spice rack and go on the side of my refrigerator, which is close to my stove. Definitely need more counter top space in this house.

Second, I have made a few sweater purses from wool sweater, bought at Goodwill. I felted the sweaters in my washer and dryer, then cut off the sleeves and deepened the neckline. Now they look like fun totes. I used some of the extra fabric and made cute little roses and flowers. The last one was multicolored and striped. So, I didn't think it would look right with flowers. So, I made a pocket for the front and then will sew on a large button to match.

 
 
 
 
 
There you have it. Cute little purse totes. I have to say my favorite is the cream colored one. It was a really pretty sweater to start off with. Next time I think I will hit up Goodwill on Half Price Day. These sweaters were $6 each. Not counting all the time, sewing, washing, and drying I put into them. Fun project tho.
 
 
My next project that I need to put together really soon is Bay Rum Men's Aftershave. My husband loves that old barber shop look and smell. I found a great recipe, but have yet to purchase the vodka and rum. We usually don't keep those things around at the house. Oh, also I have to get an orange, for the zest. But I do have the bay oil and cloves. This stuff is going to smell fantastic. Hopefully this Friday I can go to Old Time Pottery and find some small glass bottles to put this in and give away for Christmas presents to the men in my life. I will post more on this when I get everything together.
 
And next on my list after that, is Painted Letters for the 4 kiddos. I also want to yank some of the wild grapevine out of my tree from the backyard and make a Christmas wreath, before Christmas is gone. I should have enough vine, if I can just reach it.
 
Looks like I've got a lot to keep me busy...........
 
 


No comments: