Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Lavender Body Scrub

Today I picked up some Lavender Essential Oil and Bay Oil (I'll tell you about this one later) from our local Drug Store. This drug store is not just a drug store. They have all types of gifts, food oils, flavorings, and novelty items. It's been around FOREVER.

I wanted to make a cheap homemade gift for some family members. I had some cute little glass canisters and some empty baby food jars kicking around, and wanted to put them to good use. This is what I used to make Lavender Body Scrub:


I started by pouring about half of the bag of sugar in a large bowl.....so about 5lbs of sugar. Then I added a few drops of purple food coloring. Not too much! You don't want to turn your skin purple. I added just enough color to give the sugar a nice lavender hue. Then I stirred in about half of the Olive oil....which was about 1 cup. You can use more or less to get the consistency that you want. And it took about half of the lavender oil. I kept adding more drops until the scent was strong enough for me. Not sure, but sometimes scents will intensify when added to other things. So we'll see how it smells later.

 
 
Here it is all mixed up. As you see it's lightly colored.
 
 
 
And now they're in my cute little glass canisters. I'm going to paint the lids on the baby food jars and tie some twine and a tag on them. CUTE! Not to mention my house smells wonderful!
 
 
I hope everyone enjoys their Body Scrub. Merry Christmas!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Update!!!
 
 
I now have a picture of the finished product. And I love it! Hope my family loves it too.
 





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strongly recommend using plastic containers (an online company that has nice ones is Uline - look for wide mouth jars on their website) Glass if dropped in the shower or tub can be VERY dangerous!

Stay at home mom said...

Thank you for the recommendation. In the future, if I make this as a gift again, I will purchase plastic containers. At the time of this project, I just used what I had on hand.