Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Overnight, Slow Cooker, Pumpkin Pie Steel-cut Oatmeal

My 1 year old absolutely LOVES oatmeal. So, when I make it for her, I usually make my self some too. But unlike her, I get bored of it real fast. I wanted to try something new....something fall-ish.....something warm and festive....now that the holidays are getting closer. I opened up Pinterest and started going through all those recipes that I have pinned and came across "Overnight, Slow Cooker, Pumpkin Pie Steel-cut Oatmeal". It sounded yummy. I had made a different version of the oatmeal before, but this cought my eye. We all love Pumpkin Pie, so we would probably all like this.

 
 
 
 
I will say I liked it, and so did my 1 year old. Big Brother and Big Sister didn't take to it as much. And they choked it down. We all had it with maple syrup drizzled over the top. It would also be great topped with nuts.
 
 
Try it out! To each his own. You are usually either an oatmeal eater or not. My husband will not touch the stuff. But the rest of us love it.

No comments: