Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday, Monday

Ok, well as you know, today is Monday. The most dreaded day of the week. Why must we dread this day? It's a day like any other..... I guess for all of us procrastinators out there, this is the day that we would procrastinate. Work....School....kids.....schedules.....all that comes back into play, today. Some people live for a regimented lifestyle. Not me. I hate mornings. I love having my older kids home. I actually love when my kids are on break from school. They are such a joy to have here. I hate sending them away.

My husband is currently employed by the government and goes to school at night. He works so hard to give us what we need, and I'm so thankful that he does that for us. 4:30 am comes awfully early to get up for work and 9:30 pm is really late to be getting home from school, but he does it every weekday. I won't say without some complaining, but his heart is in it for us.

Oh dreaded Monday, being a SAHM has its ups and downs too. We have 2 older children, ages 10 and 12, and a 1 year old. Oh, and I'm expecting again, due in a couple months. So Mondays to me mean:

1. 4:30 am-Wake husband up
2. 4:35 am-Wake husband up again
3. 4:38 am-Finally kick husband out of bed
4. 4:40 am-Iron husband's work clothes
5. 4:55 am-Crawl back to bed and lay awake until 5:45 am
6. 6:15 am- Get big kids up, fed, packed, little one up, and dressed to get out the door
7. 7:20 am-And we are out the door......hoping that they remembered their folders and lunch boxes.
(I cannot tell you how many times we have been down the road and someone has forgot something)
8. 7:45 am-The little on and I arrive back home and make our breakfast
9. 8:45 am-Little one lays down for a morning nap, and I do stuff like type on here, chores, TV..etc....
10. 10 am- Little on wakes up
11. 11 am- Lunch
12. 12:30 pm-Yippee! Another nap! More laundry, dishes, mopping, etc....for me
13. 2:30 pm-Little one wakes up and we head out to pick up big kids from school
14. 3:15 pm- We arrive home. Snack provided, chores done, and homework done, and I work on dinner
15. 5-5:30 pm-Dinner is served
16. 6:30 pm-Clean up from dinner, TV time with the kids, and mom puts her feet up for a few minutes
17. 7 pm- Little one is in bed, and I pick up the living room
18. 8:30- Big kids head to bed and I relax until my husband gets home
19. 8:30-9:45 pm- Somewhere in this time slot my husband gets home from school. I heat up his dinner, sit and talk to him and watch TV for a bit and by 10pm we are both in bed.

AND TOMORROW IT STARTS ALL OVER.

Nobody can tell me that a stay at home mom has it easy. I bust my butt for everyone else, making sure they are fed, clean, clothes, and healthy. My wants and needs usually come after theirs . Although, my husband is pretty good about making sure I'm remembered too. I love being a wife and mother, and I couldn't imagine doing it any other way. I've been to single, working mom.....NOT where my heart is. My heart is for my family. And I love them.

No comments: