Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pizza Night

Last night I opened up the refrigerator and looked around for something to make for dinner. In the back of my mind, I was thinking "I cannot wait to go grocery shopping tomorrow. There's nothing in here.". Ok, then I spotted a block of mozzarella cheese. Then it hit me! I've got a jar of spaghetti sauce, whole wheat flour, yeast, veggies, and some ham (that needed to be eaten). Plus the kids absolutely LOVE to make homemade pizzas. So....PIZZA IT WAS!

 
 
The first one was the "Grown-up" pizza. We started with the recipe off of the back of the Rapid Rise Pizza Dough Yeast packet. It's never failed me. So easy and it always turns out. We added sauce, sprinkled some oregano and freshly shredded mozzarella. To make this a "grown-up" version we sliced tomatoes, bell pepper, and onion. Used half of the left over ham, found some bacon bits....and Voila! It's ready to go into the oven.
 
 
 
 
Delish!!! It turned out great.
 
 
The kiddos version was the same.....minus the veggies. Ham and Bacon. Here's the before.....
 
 
 
And here's the after..... Doesn't it look yummy!
 
 
 
It may be easier to buy a frozen pizza or order out, which we do occasionally. But the real reason I love making homemade pizza, is to get my kids into the kitchen with me and have fun while enjoying each other's company and conversation. And no Delivery or Frozen pizza can spark those kind of family memories.
 
We didn't make pizza; we made memories.......





No comments: