Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Day in the Boro

Today was a great day to get out, even if it was a bit chilly.

  We had to take the baby back to the nursery at the hospital for have her hearing test done again. She had failed the test in her right ear, before we had left the hospital last Friday. She still had some vernix in her ear. But today she passed both ears, 100%. 


She slept all the way through the test. Such a good sport.

After we left the hospital, we headed to one of our favorite eating spots, Demos'. The baby was getting hungry too, so I decided to nurse her in the car before we went in. We were in my parents' Expedition, and with 2 car seats and me sitting in the second row, it was hard to find a spot to change her diaper. So I laid her on the middle console and proceeded to change her. Right in mid diaper switch she decided to initiate me into the poop-club. It went everywhere....on the changing pad, down my jeans, on my shoe, on the floor. And all my parents could do was laugh. I don't think I was as amused as they were, but I'm glad they got a kick out of it. 

We all enjoyed a delicious lunch. I wish I had pictures of Miss B propping her feet up on the table. She's never done that before. And no matter how many times I tried to get her feet down, she became that more persistent to put them right back. Strong willed is an understatement with this child. Lunch was great. I had a little bit of anxiety with the waiter trying to rush me, but I also understand my body is still going through lots of changes. My hormones and emotions have been on a roller coaster the past few days. And sitting in an extremely busy restaurant pushed them slightly to the edge today. But thankfully I have tomorrow and Saturday to just relax and rest. Something that I need to take advantage of before Hubby goes back to work on Wednesday.


This little Squirt has become a major Camera Ham. Now anytime I get the camera out, she says "Cheeeeese". It's so cute. She stayed awake the whole way home, which never happens. We sang "The Itsy Bitsy Spider", "Apples and Bananas" (her favorite song), and "Pat a Cake". She pointed at her body parts. So far she knows: eyes, ears, nose, hair, tongue, mouth, teeth, belly button, fingers, hands, belly, elbows, feet, toes, and bottom. Such a smart cookie! She makes me proud. 

No nap for me today, but B took a great one. I had too much to get done once we got home. I'm hoping to sleep in just a bit tomorrow morning. I'm feeling much better today. I haven't taken my blood pressure since last night. I've just been chugging lots of water, and trying to relax. My headache went away yesterday evening, almost dramatically. It was there, and then it wasn't. So I'm very very thankful of all your prayers. 

I'm absolutely amazed at the people who have taken care of us this time around. We have had families from church bring us meals, and two of our neighbors have brought us food. Today when I got home, I was actually thinking about what we were going to have for dinner, when one of our neighbors called. She had made a large pot of vegetable soup, and wondered if we wanted any. It was great. She brought soup, cornbread, and some really yummy homemade chewy granola bars. I'm wanting to make some now. Maybe I'll search the web for some recipes. 

After dinner the kids , except for the baby, all were spinning in circles in the living room. It's a wonder that nobody got sick from being dizzy. They had a great time. I'm so blessed to have such wonderful big kids. They love their little sister, and have so much fun with her. I hope they always have a great relationship with each other. 


My oldest being silly in the kitchen. You should have seen the other faces he was making before this one. He really is a handsome fella. When he's not goofing off.......

Alrighty Blogger Friends, I'm calling it a night. And hoping to get some rest.

Please say a special prayer for my dad. He is having surgery on his shoulder tomorrow at 4 pm  Please pray that the surgery goes good, and that his shoulder comes out better than before he hurt it. Thank you all.



No comments: