Tuesday, March 26, 2013

What a weekend!

Ok, so I am just now updating my blog and it's Tuesday. 

Since the baby has been born, my husband and I were concerned about birth control. Neither one of us wanted me to take a pill, and I had a bad experience with an IUD, and there were other methods that just weren't for us. So, on Friday, my husband made a selfless decision and volunteered for him to have a vasectomy. My weekend has been consumed of ice packs and pain meds, waiting on him hand and foot, and offering emotional support. He is on the mend though now.



 But I have to say that in general men are big babies. I know there is a lot of pain associated with this procedure, and I was very sympathetic, most of the time. I will say that it is hard for any woman, that has had a baby, to feel sorry for a man in his condition. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I was thinking how he doesn't even know the amount of pain that women go through during childbirth. I just cannot compare the two. But I did what I had to do to take care of him. I love him. And I thank him for making this decision for our family. 

So now there will be no more babies for us. Both of us can concentrate on raising the kids we have, and focusing on our relationship together. Our first wedding anniversary, I was 10 weeks pregnant with B. Our second anniversary, B was still nursing, and was not a happy camper at our dinner. And here we are approaching our third anniversary  with yet another nursing baby. I'm so grateful that we had a date night last month before the baby was born, because it will probably be another year before I'm kid free again. Another thing....I want to get my body back. Not that I had a hot body before. Maybe I can get it in better shape than before. At least I can try. So, from here on out, we are a family of six. 

On Saturday I made my first grocery shopping trip (kinda) by myself. My parents came over to help with the kids, while Hubby rested. And my oldest daughter helped me shop. Of course I had to take the little one with me. I was able to nurse her in the parking lot, right before we went in. She was as good as gold the whole time. She was even so much easier than the toddler. But I was able to get some great deals. And I have a few recipes that I wanted to try. So I got all the stuff to make them. 

Chicken and Spinach Pasta Bake

This was awesome! And I'm definitely making it again. Yummo!

Chicken and Spinach Pasta Bake

3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
1 pkg frozen spinach
1 can diced tomatoes, Italian, undrained
8 oz uncooked Rigatoni pasta
1 container Philadelphia Cream cheese, Onion and Chive flavor
1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese

preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook the pasta as directed. Drain spinach and press dry with a paper towel. Mix together chicken, spinach, tomatoes, cream cheese, and pasta, then top with shredded cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.

I also made some granola bars. But these turned out like protein bars. I"m going to play around with the recipe a bit more before I post it.

 What a great gift from Hubby's Aunt in California!

It's still a tad bit big, but she will soon grow into it.

Here it is Spring Break and this is what we woke up to this morning. Don't you just love the weather here? It can never make up its mind.

She had her first real bath in her tub today. And Loved it!

Have a great week everyone! And I'll be posting more recipes sometime later this week.







No comments: