Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Already a week old...

I can't believe our tiny little baby is already a week old. Time does fly!

I know I should be resting, but I had to take advantage of everyone in this house, but me, sleeping. The house is quiet, all for the television going and the sound of me typing. A week, I better not blink, or they'll be in college. Our sweet baby is so cuddly and snugly  She hardly ever cries, at this point. I know that will change later on, but right now I'm savoring all of the sweetness. She is a quiet baby, and not very active, like her sister. 

Speaking of her sister, B is starting to warm up to her a bit. She wants to hug and kiss on her. She points at her and calls her Baby. I think she's starting to grasp the idea that the "baby" is not in my belly anymore. LOL. B wants to be a big helper. She brings me diapers and wipes. And she has tried to put the baby's hat on her, which she kinda got fussed at for. Over all she has been very gentle. I have to watch for the occasional poke and pinch. I think she's trying to figure out if she's real or a doll. But she's handling the transition better than I thought. My husband and I are giving her extra attention. And I especially try to set aside some time to hold her and read to her. Lord knows I have the bitty baby in my arms over half the day. 

Breastfeeding is going good now. She's eating about every 2 hours during the day and every 3-4 hours at night. I wake her up often during daylight hours, and I dare not touch her at night. The lights stay dim. I don't talk to her, and only do what I have to do at night. This method has always worked well for me. Nighttime is quiet and daytime is noisy, or at least music or TV is playing. 

My blood pressure is still a little bit elevated. I heard back from the doctor's office today. She said it could last up to 6 weeks postpartum. I'm praying that it resolves itself a lot sooner than that. Hopefully in the next couple days. I've been instructed to rest and drink a ton of fluids. I don't know how much more fluids I can stand. LOL. I know my husband is looking forward to me getting back to normal. He is definitely not made out for this Mr. Mom stuff. Bless his heart. He is doing the best he can. And after this week, I hope to never hear out of his mouth, "So what did you do all day?". Ha Ha! I'll have to remind him of this week. He has taken the kids to school and picked them up. Taken my daughter to and from gymnastics. Taken us to the pediatrician, washed dishes, washed laundry, let the dogs in and out all day long, swept the floors, CHANGED B's POOPY DIAPERS, taken out trash, given B her bath, cleaned the highchair, supervised a monkey of a toddler, etc.......

And that's just a taste of my normal day. Throw in there a dinner, and it makes it close. 

I know he has worked so hard, and I'm so appreciative of it. He's exhausted. I bet he looks forward to going back to work, kinda like a vacation. Nah, but close. 




Just a few pics from last night.
Two Peas in a Pod. Their personalities are a lot alike.

Such a sweet face. She was curled up on my belly.

What a wrinkly forehead. LOL.


Well, back to rest for me. Keep me in your prayers. They're working. 

And thank you ladies for the wonderful meals. You don't know how much that has helped us out. We are so blessed!

No comments: