Thursday, March 28, 2013

Beef Tips, One Month Checkup, Beautiful Thursday, and a Visit with a Sweet Friend

Hi Everyone! What a great Thursday and a beautiful day! The sunshine felt great.



I thought I'd post about a recipe that I made two nights ago. We loved it, and it was so easy. But the baby did not handle it through my breastmilk at all. I'm thinking it was the mushrooms. She cried and screamed until after 12:30 am. Not fun for either of us. So, if you're NOT breastfeeding, I highly recommend this dish!






 Slow-cooker Beef Tips

2 lbs sirloin tips
8 oz sliced baby portabella mushrooms
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
1/2 cup red cooking wine

Mix everything together and cook on low for 6 hours.

I used stew meat. It was really tender for the kids to eat. And it was half the price of the sirloin. Sorry I didn't get a picture of the completed dish.

Yesterday, Bitty Baby had her one month checkup. The doctor was impressed with her strength. She has already rolled over to her tummy by herself. She is a plump little thing measuring in at 8 lbs 7 oz. and 20 1/4 in long. 

Big sister was so patient. I couldn't have asked for a better toddler.





I plan on taking her picture on this quilt each month. I've seen other's do the laundry basket thing, but I love the pattern on this quilt. I never did this with her sister or my older kiddos. So, this should be fun.
Happy One Month sweet baby! I can't wait to see how you grow.

 Today, my mother and I prepared a meal for a new mom at church. I'm so happy to be part of the new meal ministry and be a blessing to our church family. Our church participates in so many outreaches, that we want to take care of our members too. So, when we took the food to the family, we got to visit for a little while as well. 

Such sleepy kiddos. I love the expressions on their faces. So sweet!

Nursery Buddies. 

It was a great visit. These two are exactly 2 weeks apart. I'm sure they will be good friends.

B "mopped" the floor for a good 10 minutes. Mama's helper. 


Tomorrow is Friday. My hubby is staying home to recover. Apparently he is one of the few that has taken a bit longer to recover from that procedure. Can I get a day off too? Pretty please?........


No comments: