Wednesday, April 17, 2013

There's a busy Mama at this house!

Whew! Where do I start. It's been a week since I've posted and a lot has happened. 

First off, Congratulations to my oldest daughter! She made the cheerleading squad for the Middle School she will be attending next year. She's so excited. I don't think she knows just how much work it will be, but it will be worth it. Cheerleading and gymnastics has kept her fit, in a world of video games and tv. We actually didn't have to buy her any new jeans this year. She has worn the same size for 2 years now. Yeah! That has really helped our wallet.

Saturday my husband was going to mow the front yard, but the mower wouldn't start. We had just bought it at the end of last fall, and had used it once. Just one time! So......he took it back to Home Depot, they couldn't start it either, and we got a brand new mower. Hallelujah!This one is running just fine, and our front yard got mowed.

To be quite honest with you, last week is all jumbled up into a blob. Sitting here, I can't remember what I did on what day. I blame it on "Baby Brain Rot". That's my made up word for not being able to remember anything here lately. If it's not written down, it doesn't happen.

Lets' see.......I do remember going to church on Sunday and having some people over for dinner. That dinner was kinda like when Jesus fed the 5,000. I had just enough dinner sat out for Hubby, the kids, and I, then 2 by 2 more people kept showing up. I prayed that God would spread out the meal so everyone would get enough and be full. Sure enough! Everyone ate and ate, and we even had some food left over. It was amazing! God is good!

Monday, I took the girls to walk at the park, after I had dropped my older 2 off at their schools. The weather has been great! My energy has picked up a bit, and I felt like working in the yard after that. So, I cut down a very large forsythia and some type of tree. I've never seen this tree anywhere else before. So, I don't know what it's called, but it's really ugly. It's not totally gone, but I trimmed it down to about 2 ft tall. It has a chance to come back out again.

Yesterday I met with our Playgroup. So much fun! I'm starting to see some friendships blossoming. It's so easy, when your a stay at home mom, to stay at home and not socialize. I get so caught up in feeling like I need to stay here and tend to everyone else and the house, that I kinda forgot about me. And building friendships is healthy. Unless you have ever stayed home with a toddler for any amount of time, then you will have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm not a shy person, so I don't know why I had kept myself bottled up for so long. But now that it looks like we will be having weekly outings, and I'm super excited. 

Today I took B to the Library for a preschool story hour. She enjoyed it. Her attention span is still small, but I think she will grow with the program. She loves books. We read to her and she reads to us. Right now she plays with books more than she does her toys. But that's a good thing. She's smart and we're encouraging her. That's what good parents do. We had a fun time a the library, but towards the end she was tired. We had a bit of a melt down, but it didn't last long. We got out of there without too much of a fuss. As soon as we walked in the door, she was trying to climb into her highchair by herself. Apparently she was hungry. And she's even taking a great nap, as I type this. All those books must have worn her out. Today has been beautiful, once again. I worked in the garden for a few minutes. The cilantro was starting to get tall, so I cut it back. I got a huge bowl full, that I'm going to chop and freeze for later use. My hubby and I love salsa, and cheese dips. And we love lots of cilantro in it. We'll put it to good use. 

I don't really have much planned for the rest of the week. I'm flying by the seat of my pants. I would love to hang out some laundry on the line, but the pollen is still so heavy. I would bring back yellow/green clothes. LOL!

We'll, I hope you all have a great week. Here's some pics to carry you on until the next post........



An afternoon with Big Sissy and the sidewalk chalk















And an evening with the colicky baby




My huge bunch of Cilantro


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the pic of big sis bent over with her ass in the air, pull down her shorts , her knickers pulled side and baby can watch while I f--k her in the ass first then I take her pre ten p---y