Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Toddler Time

Yesterday, as we were waiting on Daddy to get home. I wanted to take B outside. But I still needed to stay close, because the baby was asleep. So we swiped Big Sissy's sidewalk chalk and sat by the front steps. She loved it. Normally she tries to run off, but she sat right there. I showed her how to draw some pictures, and she colored on top of them. She didn't want to come inside, but the baby was calling. 

It looks here like she is counting the chalk. I wish! But sorry, she's not.

She loves the outdoors.

Coloring on top of Mama's beautiful artwork.

We'll have to dust that bottom off.

But Mama, I don't want to go back inside.

We had a peaceful evening. I made Lemon-dill flounder, quinoa, and creamed corn. And then I read B her Bible, while my husband read his. I cannot tell you how calm our house has been in a long while. Somehow, all of our stresses went right out the window. I don't care if they never come back.....really. Usually after dinner, I try to keep Bitty Baby up for a while. And that's most likely when her colic starts up. But she didn't fuss last night. She was just as calm as everyone else. Maybe that's the key to her happiness. We played on the floor for a while, and she let me exercise all those gas bubbles out of her......without a fuss.

My little chunky monkey.

See those fat little thighs.......  She did not like the Boppy Pillow.

For a while I have been wanting to start a playgroup. There were several ladies that I had in mind with girls that are my girls' ages. We kicked off our first playdate this morning. What a success! It was a perfect morning. The only thing I would have changed was the wind. We all went on a stroller walk, even one of the toddlers rode in a wagon, and then the girls played on the playground. I think it's so funny how all three of us moms have girls. An almost 18 month old, 17 month old, 15 month old, 7 week old, 6 week old, and one due in June. All girls! The toddlers played so good together. The slide was a hit. B didn't quite understand that she had to sit down before she slid down, and another girl wanted to climb back up. They are growing up so fast. They all want to be independent until it came to the slide. That will come next.

B waiting on her friends to arrive.

That was their favorite part.

What a fun time!

Time to slide again.

Almost time to go home.
They had a blast. And this was just the first one. I'm hoping to schedule something at least once a month, and possibly once a week. Us SAHMs need to band together, if even only for our sanity. Not only did the girls have fun, I had fun. It was so refreshing to have conversation with an actual adult, and we threw in a bit of exercise. The park was beautiful today, and the weather was just gorgeous. I'm sure these little girls will sleep good at their naps today. Ahhh......both of mine are sleeping right now.......think I'll join them.

Until next time Blogger Friends............

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's funny...my daughter has the same purple onesie as yours!!

Unknown said...

That's funny...my daughter has the same purple onesie as yours!!