Friday, February 8, 2013

Bed Rest Is Officially Over Today

Already?

It came and went so fast. And I couldn't have made it without the support of my family. All that rest dramatically reduced all the contractions I was having, enough that there were a few days that I didn't notice any contractions, not even Braxton Hicks. But let me tell you, now that I'm somewhat back on my feet, I've notice how fatigued I am. Long periods of laying and sitting on the couch has done nothing for my body. I now have a "granny butt". At least that's what I call it. It's when your back just drops right down into your legs. Now I've always prized my booty. There's nothing like putting on a great pair of jeans and being proud of what your Mama gave you. I'm not sure if she gave me my behind or not. But I'm just saying. Ha Ha!

 But I know that after my 6 week postpartum check up, I'll be working to get my booty back. I plan on having some sort of exercise routine. I've asked for an elliptical machine, something that doesn't take up too much room. Lord knows our living room is going to have all sorts of baby gadgets sitting all over the place again. I'm already gearing myself up for how I will spend my time working out while my sweet little babes take their naps. Because I'll be breastfeeding, I'll most likely take it very easy at first, not to harm my milk production. I'm really hoping that with my husband's promotion, that we can buy groceries that will fit my diet, and not rely on cheap meals. What I mean by cheap is the price, not the quality. But I've had to purchase more budget friendly foods over the last few months. And the past few months my doctor has fussed at me for eating potatoes and pasta, something right now that is almost every one of our meals. And being gestational diabetic is really hard on a tight budget. I have a few topics that I'll be talking about in the upcoming weeks. Two of which are Breastfeeding and The Blood Type Diet. I can't wait.

This morning I had my 35 week check up and an ultrasound. Yay! We got to see my precious baby girl's face in 3-D. We had yet to get a strait on picture of her, just a profile. The 3-D pictures are so much better when the baby gets a little chubby.



Today I hadn't really gained any weight. Blood Pressure was good. Sugar readings were a bit sporadic, but still no meds, just diet controlled. The baby measured in at a normal size of 5 lbs 15 oz. She's head down. And she's got hair! The tech said lots of it. I'm really hoping for dark hair this time. I've asked for it every time. I'm hoping that He grants me this one, since she will be my last. Once again, My amniotic fluid levels are high. There's nothing wrong with the baby, but sometimes gestational diabetes causes excess fluid, and that is making me measure big. Two weeks bigger! So, If my water breaks at home, I have to go strait to the hospital. With all that extra fluid in there, the ambilical cord has the risk of slipping out with the gush. But at this point now they will not stop my labor. I am free to go about as I please, and go into labor like normal.  Two nights ago I had really crampy contractions for about an hour. And last night I had them for about 2 hours. I'm in the safe zone now. So I'm not too concerned. I'm preparing myself for several bouts of False Labor. As with my last 2 pregnancies, I had a lot of false labor. My first one, no. He just wanted out right then and there. No stopping him. It seems as though my girls want to toy with me a bit.

I hope you  have enjoyed my posts. I have enjoyed writing them. Have a great weekend!


No comments: