Friday, February 1, 2013

Finally a day out of the house!

Today was Dr appointment day. Yippee! My parents picked me and B up this morning and headed off on our 45 minute trip. All the usual baby check-up stuff. I think I gained 2 lbs, blood pressure is great, and baby's heart rhythm is good. Dr checked me today to see if I was dilated. Nope, not yet, and the baby was still high. Which is great. She's expecting the baby in a couple of weeks. She said I'm just prone to having early babies. Also, she still wants me to take it easy for the next week or so. She'd like to see me get to 36 weeks. 

It's all exciting and scary at the same time. I want this pregnancy to cease, but I really, really, really don't want to go into labor to make that happen. For some reason I have this awful fear of having pain this time around. Maybe it's because it's not been that long ago since the birth of my last baby. At least with my first 2 , I had kinda forgotten what it was all about. But each experience has been a different one. And I am praying and expecting this labor and delivery to go smoothly. 

After the Dr's visit, we ate lunch at Farmer's. Its a family owned restaurant homestyle buffet. It's alright. Nothing fancy, but B loved their mashed potatoes and gravy, and their mac and cheese. She was eating from both my plate and her Granddaddy's plate. She loved looking around at all the people. See, we don't eat out very much, and this was a new experience for her. Grandaddy was so nice and brought her back some cookies. Ohhh cookies! She loves sugar. I just knew she was going to get a hyper spell there soon. It never fails.

So, after lunch we went over to Lifeway Christian Bookstore for my mother to pick out some Secret Sister cards. Little Miss B loved that store. She was so wound up from the cookies, that she was running up and down the isles. My dad and I could hardly keep up with her. She just laughed and laughed. Then She saw the stuffed animals hanging on the end of the isles. "Oh boy!", she said. I wonder where she got that phrase.......*cough*cough* She was adorable.....energetic, yet adorable. 

We made a few more stops, some in which I sat in the car. I didn't want to overdo it today. And then we were back on the road home. It felt good to get out today. It was pretty chilly, say 22 degrees, but it was sunny. And I love sunshine. I needed that boost of serotonin and endorphins. And B took a lovely little nap on the way home. 

We're home now, and B is not going back down for a nap. I was hoping to get some rest before tonight. You see, my husband and I are celebrating our Valentine's Day tonight. I guess you could also call it a Babymoon Date. I wanted one night out of the house with no children attached to me, before our sweet new baby girl arrives. I've never been away from B. It wasn't that long ago that she was still nursing, and I wanted just one night of just Me and Hubby, before I have another one attached to my breast at any given moment. 

I have no clue what we're doing tonight, and honestly I don't care. As long as I don't have to do massive amounts of walking or stand in long lines, I'll be happy. Heck, I don't care if we go to McDonald's and then Walmart. I'm toddler free for a night. Ahhhh.......*sigh. I'm going to soak it in as long as it will last. 

I'll fill you in on our date night later. But TTFN!

Have a great Weekend!

No comments: