Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Could tonight be the night?

The last 24 + hours have been so confusing and frustrating. I think I am the queen of false labor. 

Yesterday right after my Dr's appointment I started having pretty stout contractions every 3-4 minutes. They continued until I went to bed at 9 pm. I was able to sleep for about 2 hours, and was awakened by loud wind gusts. A cold front was coming through and we were having some rough wind. I could hear the flag flapping loudly outside, the windows sounded like they could have been sucked right off the frames, and our front door sounded like a kazoo. Freaky sounds.....

I wasn't able to go back to sleep until sometime after 2 am. And by then I was only having contractions every 20-30 minutes. Big difference from earlier. When I got up at 6:30 am, they were non existent. Such a let down. But during the day they were kind of sporadic. My husband wanted me to try Castor Oil. so I thought I'd give it a try. I took 2 Tablespoons at 12:15 pm. I choked it down in some apple sauce. It wasn't too bad. I thought that it would take effect immediately, but it didn't kick in until 2 and a half hours later. And the effects were short lived. It made me feel slightly nauseous and gave me a lot of gas, before it did it's magic. Oh well. 

I got myself together and wanted to go for a walk. And where is the best place in our little town to go for a walk, when it's rainy and cold? Walmart......you guessed it! But on the way there I started having contractions. I think the bumpiness of the truck caused me to start having them. Well, we walked and walked and walked for over an hour. I didn't have a cell phone or a watch, so I couldn't correctly time them. But my guess is about every 3 minutes. We would walk down one isle, and by the time we turned the corner, I started having another one. I hope it did some good. I did get some really cute non-slip footie slippers, a pineapple, and some mangoes.



The contractions started slowing down, so we thought.....Spicy Mexican food!
There is a little Mexican restaurant here that has this yummy spicy fish and shrimp. My husband's favorite. I was hoping that it would do something. 

.......................................................And still nothing.............Just the same sporadic contractions. This kid has a mind of her own. She should have been born a Taurus, because she has been as stubborn as a bull.

So, I'm going to try one more dose of the Castor Oil tonight, since the effects of it earlier were mild. I only took a 1/2 dose anyway. The great thing about Castor Oil is it will either work or it won't. And the benefits will either be labor or a good colon cleanse. Hee Hee! And believe me, I can benefit from either. There is no harm in trying. As of right now, my contractions are 5-7 minutes apart. 

You might think that I'm nuts for trying all this, but I am so tired of false labor every single night. I'm ready to be a mom again and take care of my family. I'm tired of feeling inadequate as a wife and mother. I'm ready to feel like myself again. I'm sure you can understand. 

Goodnight everyone! I'll keep you posted.



No comments: