Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's day to all my friends....married, couples, singles. It doesn't matter. I still love ya!

My husband and I celebrated our Valentine's Day back on February 1st. We were unsure of what my condition would be with the pregnancy at this point. And honestly, I'm so glad we did it early. I'm really not feeling energetic today. Yesterday I was on my feet a lot, and by the evening my pelvis was hurting so bad, that my hubby had to pull me off of the couch, when I needed to get up. It's not real fun feeling like a beached whale. 

The only thing I have accomplished today is one load of laundry. I don't feel like doing anything. I deserve a day off. Right? I think so too. Hubby called and said he would make dinner tonight. So, I know we have a pizza in the freezer, and I'm truly ok with that. As long as I don't have to cook tonight. I'm in the mood for some pizza and a movie, and snuggle up with my loves. 

Tomorrow I'll be 36 weeks. I have met my personal goal for this pregnancy. All the multiple little contractions have subsided. It always seems like I do this. I go through a period of weeks where I have to be careful, and then I get to a certain point and the contractions stop. Then the real work begins. I go from trying to keep this baby in, to trying to get this baby out. LOL! Now all those many contractions have turned in to bouts of aggravating false labor. Now these contractions are stronger and longer, instead of more frequent. That's fine with me. Maybe they'll start to work their magic. At this point of my pregnancy with B, I had an overnight stay at the hospital, stuck at 3cm. Then four days later, she was born. 

My husband's birthday is coming up soon, and he's really hoping that I'll have the baby then. We'll see. He also has a couple of days off of work next week, and that would work out too. But bottom line, she will come when she's ready. I have never had a scheduled delivery, and they have always come on their own timing. Even though I'm almost terrified of going through all the pain of labor again, I'm so ready to get this over with.

 I love being a mommy, but I hate being pregnant. God Bless you women that love being pregnant. It's just not my favorite part. I love the nice skin and hair, and the movements of the baby. But everything else is for the birds. I can't stand what I look like in the mirror, getting comfortable to sleep is a struggle, insomnia, sore boobs and nipples, lack of sex drive (probably from the before mentioned things), gestational diabetes, no energy, heartburn, nausea, mood swings........I could keep going. Ultimately the best thing about going through all the suffering, is getting a beautiful baby girl. And I know that the second I see her, all of these awful things I just mentioned, will just be a bad dream. That is the moment that keeps me going, and my goal. I can't wait to see and hold her. 

I have my check up tomorrow and will update you after my appointment. I'm hoping to be dilated somewhat. Let's get this ball rolling!

No comments: