Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Busy Tuesday

Hello blog readers! I hardly had any breaks today. All morning long I was on my feet or was at least busy doing something baby related. Yesterday I got a huge garbage bag of baby clothes out of the attic, and I washed every article of it's contents. Today I folded all of it, and put it all away in the baby's room. Earlier I asked my father to help me get the baby swing and bouncy seat down out of the attic. They were tucked back far enough that I wasn't comfortable trying to attempt that all by my lonesome.  The car seat cover has been washed and re-installed. The straps have been re-positioned  for a newborn. It was just a month ago that Little Miss B was still riding in it. Lol! Thank you God for my husband's coworker that purchased a nice upright, forward facing car seat for B. We are so blessed.

The swing and bouncy seat covers are now washed, dried, and they are once again temporary fixtures in our living room. When I thought about where I was going to put them, I got that feeling/need to rearrange the furniture. Fun Fun! Anyways....the dust bunnies have all been swept up from behind the couches, and that makes me feel better.

I really feel like I've done alot, even though it might not sound like I did. I've noticed it takes me 3-4 times the amount of time to do any simple chore. Frustrating as it may seem, I'm pretty proud of myself for at least accomplishing a few chores a day. Trying to fold laundry with a 15 month old is nearly impossible. She really wants to help. She takes out each piece of clothing from the basket, gives it a shake, and then wads it up in her lap. Now only if I could just teach her how to fold it, and keep it folded.......now that would be heavenly. But she likes to sneak up to my piles of already folded clothes, snatch, and run across the room with them. Now, normally I would be able to jump up, quickly, off the couch and snatch that piece of clothing back from her, but these days it's taking me a few times rocking forward to thrust myself off the couch. lol.

I really think she is starting to figure out something odd is going on. The baby swing is back in the living room, there's a baby mattress on the floor in her room, and everyone keeps talking about this new baby. She's really starting to act up more. It's either the new baby or it's the fact that I can't provide swift discipline  And she's been able to get away with too much , due to me not moving as fast. This morning I had her in the living room watching her morning cartoons while I emptied the dishwasher, and I noticed it was quiet. And anyone who has had a toddler, knows that quiet means trouble. She had taken a framed photograph off of the lamp table, removed the back, taken out the photo, and was holding the glass when I caught her. She's pretty smart, and really fast. And so much different than my older two kids, who were completely happy playing with TOYS. She has to investigate anything she can get her hands on. It reminds me of my mother telling the story of my oldest brother taking a screwdriver to my other brother's crib, and almost having it taken apart when she caught him. And they were only 23 months apart. Her mind is taking in every bit of information that she comes in contact with. Just a few days ago, my oldest daughter taught her "Ring around the Rosie"  in just one try. She doesn't sing it, but now she stands out in the middle of the room and spins in a circle, but she want you to sing the song.

Tonight I fell asleep on the couch during the last part of the State of the Union Address, and now I'm wide awake. I'm sure those homemade brownies didn't help matters either. But I really wanted something chocolate. And they were so good and fudgy. I know I didn't need the sugar either, but sometimes I just have to break the rules. I had gone to bed, but the baby is putting so much pressure on my bladder. I promise, I have gotten up to pee nearly every 15 minutes. So I decided to come in here and type. At least maybe I can tire myself out enough that I won't feel the need to get up.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to catch up on our normal laundry, wash diapers, strip the beds, wash the sheets, and clean up my bedroom, so I can put the bassinet next to my side of the bed. It seems like our room is a catch-all for the stuff we quickly want to hide, when we have company. And tomorrow, I'm hoping to return them to their rightful places. The saying is true "A mother's work is never done.". And in my case, "slow and steady wins the race".

Good night everyone. Tomorrow is Hump Day. Enjoy!

No comments: