Friday, February 22, 2013

I'm ready.....And I hope she is too.

Here I am at 37 weeks. Honestly, I really didn't think I would make it. This baby is so much more laid back than my last two girls. She's not nearly as active. I'm hoping she is the same way when she comes out. Of course I want her to be a healthy amount of active, but not as rambunctious as my last one. Mama needs a break. Apparently she is needing some more time in the oven. I'm fine with that, as long as she's a normal size for delivery.

 Being gestational diabetic puts you at risk for big babies. My sugar levels have been pretty reasonable considering.........Ha! Considering I have cheated so much on my diet. With my last baby, I only had to diet the last 2 or 3 months. It wasn't too bad. With this one, well they put me on the diet at 10 weeks along. Now come on, I was still breastfeeding at the time. Even the nutritionist wanted me to add a ton more carbs, when she found out I was still nursing. Really my sugar levels have only gone wacky these last few weeks. I'm good most of the day, until the evening hits. Then I want to eat almost non-stop until bed. And it has gotten worse the further along I've gotten. She's either growing or I am. Ha Ha! I can't wait to work on getting my body back, and in even better condition.

This evening I will be on my search for some Red Raspberry capsules and Evening Primrose oil. Red Raspberry strengthens the uterus and makes the contractions more effective, and the Evening Primrose Oil softens and ripens the cervix for dilation. I really do not want to go the Castor Oil route, Yuck! It's not going to be long though. I had a bunch of very painful contractions last night, and when I woke up this morning, I had a bloody show. That's where the cervix is trying to dilate, and some of the capillaries burst, causing a tinge of blood in what was left of my mucus plug. 

Here I am at 37. I hope this is my last belly pic. I'm hoping that the next pics are of my beautiful babe in my arms.

I seriously need a behind. I promise it feels like my back just drops into my legs. LOL!

Yesterday was my husband's birthday. He had a great time. He came home from work in great spirits. I'm so happy for him. Money is tight here, and I wasn't able to buy him a gift, so I made him dinner and a cake. My parents came over to celebrate with us. We had my famous meatloaf, mac and cheese, and green beans. For after dinner I threw together, rather quickly, a chocolate cake with mint cream cheese frosting. Oh, and I just had a piece.......oops! But it tasted even better today, after it sat. Yum!

Someone swiped their finger in it before I got a picture. I have yet to find out who it was.......




B and Daddy with their 1950's hairstyles. LOVE it!




I forgot to buy candles. I looked around and found some pink candles. Hubby says he's "4". Silly! Even at 31, he's younger than me. 

Hmmmmm.........

I'm glad he had a good time. He's definitely my love and my best friend. I don't know how he feels, but I truly enjoy my time with family on special occasions, such as this. 



You all have a great weekend. I'll try to keep you updated on how I'm doing.


No comments: