Saturday, February 16, 2013

Quite possibly my last free weekend

As I just now sat down to write, I got tickled at my 15 month old. She is amazed at the snow falling. I don't know if it will do much, but it is pretty.




I'm so glad that I snapped these pictures, when I did. Just a moment later, the sun came out and all the snow melted. Darn. But it was enough that it had quickly covered the trampoline and started covering the deck. 

The short little snow spurt that we just had was probably the highlight of my day. I'm really trying to make the best of it. Hubby is gone, dog sitting  for someone, and I"m home with our toddler. Which would normally be ok, but I have a cold. Nothing is more aggravating  than trying to rest with a demanding toddler. I pray this crud clears up in the next few days. This is probably TMI for most of you, but my mucus plug has come out. Now with my first 2 pregnancies, I never noticed it. But my last one, she was born just a few days after it came out. So my guess, it wont be long. I'm just hoping that I get over this cold before she comes, and that everyone else stays healthy. This has been a rough year for colds and flu.

I've done nothing but be a couch potato today. I'm taking a rest. I've upped my Vitamin C, drank hot tea, sucked on throat lozenges, and taken Tylenol Sinus. I aim to nip this in the bud. I did muster up a bit of energy to thaw out some chicken breast. I've been slow cooking my recipe of Bacon Ranch Chicken. I'll let you know how it turns out. It's got one more hour in the oven. 

Last night I was able to get some cute pictures of B. She's crazy about climbing on the laundry basket. I'm really surprised that she's not figured out how to use it to get on the couch yet. I don't think it will be much longer til she figures it out. 



She's also been playing with her baby dolls a lot. I think I've been pushing it on her just a tad bit. I'm just trying to get her used to the thought of a baby being around here.



I just love the curls on the back of her head.

This morning before my hubby left, he made us breakfast. Scrambled eggs, bacon, and coffee. The bacon was out of this world! He placed it on a cookie sheet and baked it in the oven. 

Guess who ate 2 whole pieces of bacon?


And she loved it!


Well, that's our Saturday. I'm waiting on dinner, and waiting on Hubby to get home. I may take a hot bath and go to bed early tonight. 

Have a good one!








No comments: