Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Woman's Need for Talking

Most of us do a lot of talking during the day. We either have jobs that require us to talk, we talk to our friends, we talk to our spouse and children. Some of us have several methods of talking. If we're not able to communicate verbally, then we use texting, email, Facebook, twitter, etc......... These days my method is Blogging. I can take lots of ideas, thoughts, memories, burdens, praises, frustrations, or feelings, and type them out in a story for people to read. I hope that they're somewhat interesting. 

When my husband and I were planning on getting married, the minister told us that women needed to speak 20, 000 words a day, whereas men only needed to speak 10,000 words a day. Somehow that sunk in. That may have been the only thing that really sunk in, but it stuck. Somehow, someway us women have to express ourselves with words. If not, we might just explode. And I really don't want to explode. How about you? My need to get feelings and words out of me has grown tremendously over the past few weeks. I'm guessing that being shut up in your house all day can do that to you. 

The best part, about using all these words in a day, is knowing that someone heard you. It would be kind of useless to have all these words and keep them to yourself. And an even greater feeling, is having someone reciprocate words back to you, often in a kind, caring, friendly manner. No one likes harsh words thrown back at them. So, conversation......that would be two or more people exchanging words together. Isn't it wonderful?

These days, people are impersonal. There are all sorts of social media, email, etc. But one rarely writes a letter, or picks up the phone to call another person. We just text or send a FB message. I have found myself guilty of the above. But wouldn't our words become more genuine if they were said directly to the person? If we took that extra time to make that person feel special and cared for? I know I would enjoy it. I actually had  a church friend call a few days ago to see how I was doing. It really meant a lot. She may not have even realized the effect it had on me, but it made me feel remembered, and cared about. 

There is a reason I have stopped posting so many things on Facebook. It's not that I don't want to be in touch with all of those wonderful people, not the case at all. And I'm not withdrawing to myself. I'm still commenting and liking other's statuses and pictures. I want to be connected. But I just wanted to step back and stop the nonsense of words that I threw out there, daily. When I use words, I want them to have meaning, and not be wasteful. How many of us have wasted words on FB, just to be able to put something down? I'm sure a lot of us have. And then we wait around to see if anyone likes or comments on what we said. My day was filled with the constant checking, to see if someone said anything. Not only was I wasting my words, I was wasting my time. I decided to blog, so that I could sit down and document a collection of thoughts in one setting. I could tell a story. I don't know actually how many of you actually read what I write, but if you do, I appreciate it. 

Ephesians 4:29 
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

When January 1st came around, everyone was making their New Year's Resolutions. I didn't have one. I'm pregnant. It's not like I could diet, exercise, cut out chocolate, or whatever else people torture themselves with. lol. So I just didn't have a resolution. But now I'm rethinking. It's almost February. The new baby is almost here. I think my resolution should be trying to reach out personally to my friends and family, instead of just FB messaging them. I hope I have everyone's phone #'s, addresses, and birthday's and such. I really am going to make a point of trying. So if you would like more personal contact from me, send me some feedback by email.

I love all my fans and members. Have a great night.

No comments: