Thursday, January 17, 2013

32 Weeks and Counting Down

I can't believe that I'm already 32 weeks! Time has definitely flown by.


 Being pregnant while chasing a toddler has it's advantages and disadvantages. Advantages being: loss of time, staying busy, and not focusing on every single little weeks that goes by. Disadvantages being: no energy to chase a toddler, loss of memory, loss of sleep (doubly from pregnancy insomnia and rotten toddler), breast milk dried up earlier than planned, and I'm not usually in the best mood. I am very thankful though that I've had no lower back or sciatic nerve pain this time around. I had that with all 3 of my other pregnancies. You can bet I was looking for it all along, but it never showed up.

Today was mostly consumed by my morning Doctor appointment. Scatterbrained, I scrambled to get out the door to pick up my mother. That's when I discovered I had forgot my oldest daughter's pair of cheerleading socks for her pep rally today, and had to go back to the house to fetch them, then take them to her school. Next, the gas station I was going to stop at was apparently all out of gas, so I had to go further down the road. Finally, we were on the interstate headed for the doctor. It wouldn't be so bad, if the doctor and the hospital we use weren't 45 minutes away. 

The appointment went good. My blood pressure is outstanding. I had only gained 1 pound since the last visit, and doctor was somewhat happy with my blood sugar numbers. I am measuring a bit big, so next appointment I think she's doing an ultrasound. I love being able to see my sweet baby. We never were able to get a good 3-D picture of her last time. So, I'm hoping she will cooperate. I spoke to the doctor about all the contractions I've been having, and of course she says I'm handling them correctly. 35 weeks is my goal. 

That's only 3 weeks away!
Yikes!

We are so not prepared. No crib yet. We have an extra mattress. I haven't gotten the baby clothes down from the attic yet. Let alone washed them. I'm guessing things will fall into place, as we get closer. But mentally and physically, I'm ready. I'm ready to get this baby out and love her on the outside. Not too soon, of course. But it seems like I've been pregnant for 2 years solid. Here it is January 2013, and I got pregnant with B back in March 2011. Almost 2 years........with a small break in the middle. The part that I'm not looking forward to is the labor. Pushing, not a problem. Transitional labor is not my friend. I say this every time. I want to labor at home for as long as I can, but something about having to drive 45 minutes to the hospital , spooks me into heading straight there. Maybe I can just labor in the parking lot for a while before we go in. Or walk around at the local Walmart. I could actually wear my pajamas there, and fit right in. LOL! I'm not joking! Seriously, I might just do it. 

Joking aside......I got to my Pumpkin Spice Cake tonight. It turned out delish! I used whole wheat flour, olive oil, and made an orange pumpkin-cream cheese glaze. Totally made up by me. I love experimenting  and we all loved this cake tonight.


No comments: