Monday, January 14, 2013

Let the Nesting Begin!

This Monday morning started off at 4:30 am. Hubby needed his work clothes ironed (and I do the best job). Knowing I had to take my oldest daughter's 4-H poster to school first thing this morning, I needed to hop in the shower, after I was done ironing. I wanted to crawl back into bed and sleep until about 8:30, but I knew it would be easiest to go ahead and get the hard part over with. Do any of you hate the process of having to get ready? I absolutely hate having to dry my thick hair. So, by 5:30, I was showered, shaved, and had my hair dry. Usually I have to wait until B is taking a nap, to get my shower, or listen to her whine in her bed. She knows when its nap/bedtime for sure. It feels kinda nice knowing the rest of my day is free to do as I please. 

Over this last weekend, in addition to the cakes, I worked on getting the laundry washed and folded. I hate folding laundry. I don't mind sorting and washing, but folding is torture. And hanging up shirts is even worse! Luckily, my wonderful husband took the initiative yesterday, and hung all our clothes in our closet. I love him! So, today I've been playing catch-up with the rest of the loads. We stripped sheets, and found a few pairs of socks that had rolled under the bed. So laundry was a bit heavier this weekend. The older kids are gone to their dad's for the week, and I should have less laundry. What a relief!

Today has been a dreary, cold, wet day. Thank God, that when I had to go to the school and the grocery store earlier, that it was not raining. Now it is.Yesterday was in the 70's, and since Hubby left this morning, the temperature has actually dropped to the low 30's. As I was staring out my kitchen window, I got to thinking about the spring and our garden. Right now it looks so bare and lifeless. With my "Nesting Syndrome" starting to kick in, my mind is constantly racing. I got to thinking about what I was going to plant in the spring, and how I needed to rotate the veggies. I actually sat down and drew out a diagram of the garden, and what I was going to plant in the spring. That led me to looking at an online seed catalog and starting a list of all the seeds and plants I will soon need to order. 

Sometimes I'm so A.D.D. that I feel like the Mouse from the book "If you give a Mouse a Cookie". 
I start my day off with a plan, but it always changes. I become distracted, and then can't remember what I originally wanted to accomplish.  I blame it on the pregnancy. It's definitely worse now, than it has been in a while. But my mind is always racing with ideas......craft ideas, organizing ideas, recipe ideas, decorating ideas, farming and gardening ideas.......the list goes on. And Pinterest feeds my need for inspiration.

With the new baby on the way, my mind has wanted to do so many things, but I physically cannot do them. I could, but I'd wind up at the hospital in labor. And we don't want that yet. I did get some satisfaction with the painting and redecorating of the living room, but the trim is still not done. I so want to get the paint and paintbrush and touch up the white trim, but Hubby doesn't want me painting. Another thing that swims in my head is my laundry room. A year and a half ago we built a wall in the den. This den was a converted one car garage. We needed 4 bedrooms in a 3 bedroom house, or the baby would have to room with us. That was not going to happen, but she did need to be close for feedings. Hence, the conversion of the den. My son has one half of the room. It's a pretty cool little man-cave. But the other half became the laundry room, which also houses 4 crates with 4 dogs. A weimaraner, a black lab, and 2 rat terriers. The rat terriers were originally mine before we got married, and the black lab was originally my husbands, but the weimaraner, we adopted him a year ago from an old friend. My laundry room smells like stinky, sweaty dogs. Not counting that the black lab sheds like crazy! My goal is to rip out the carpet, and lay tile. My husband is going to build me a laundry basket organizer with 6 baskets in it. We already have the baskets, and I cannot wait to get my laundry piles up off the floor.

Laundry Basket Dresser

 The colors I have picked out are a pale yellow for the walls, with white trim, and an accent color of baby blue. To me, the colors feel fresh. My inspiration is a little picture/sign that I bought at a yard-sale for 50 cents.

I think it's cute. Even still had the price-tag on the back.

With all that said, I would love to have the laundry room painted and organized before the new baby comes.

Tonight, I'm making my husband's favorite meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and squash casserole. I usually make green beans, but I have so much yellow squash and zucchini in the freezer that needs to be eaten up.I'm sure it will go over good.

Happy Monday! Have a great week!

No comments: