Friday, January 4, 2013

Pregnancy Induced Insomnia

Hello, Weekend!
 
 
Here it is almost 10 pm on a Friday night. Baby B is tucked away in her bed and Hubby is snoring steadily in our bedroom. Me, well, I got bored of playing a bubble shooting game on my non-working cell phone. So, here I am.
 
Today I am 30 weeks pregnant with our 4th child. I know, I never thought I would have FOUR children. But God had a different plan for my life. We are patiently awaiting the arrival of our new Baby Girl M. Since I have never gone full term, I keep reminding my husband that the time will soon be approaching us. I had my routine OB appointment today. I go to a Women's group of about 5 women Dr's, plus Nurse Practitioners. The doctor I saw today wasn't my usual Dr. and haven't particularly liked her much in the past. Drs without courteous bedside manners do not appeal to me. But today I loved her. My sinuses love her. But my stomach is not loving the Z-pack.
 
See, Monday morning I woke up to a stomach virus. I've heard that one is going around. This wasn't the usual stomach virus. This one had no vomiting, but my stomach burned sooooooo bad. I didn't really eat for 2 days. I had a mild fever, which I watched like a hawk. I didn't want to go to the ER to get my fever down because I'm pregnant. Early Tuesday morning, I woke up in a sweat, but I was freezing. Then the sore throat hit me. This wasn't just any sore throat. You know the kind that burns all the way down your throat and you can't swallow? Yeah, well this one wasn't anything like that one. This one was stuck up behind my nose and down to the roof of my mouth. Then the congestion hit......Then a runny nose.......then nothing.......then Ohhhhhh the pain. This morning I woke up and couldn't sleep. My right cheekbone, behind my eye, and teeth were hurting soooo bad. So after the starter dose of the antibiotic, I'm starting to feel much better.....yes.....already. Praise God!
 
So, back to the OB appointment. We waited and waited and waited. We, as in my mother and my one year old. Did I mention that 1 year olds don't do well waiting for long periods of time in an examination room, right in the middle of lunch time???? She was a trooper and so was my mom. Sometimes I don't tell my mom often enough how much of a help she really is. She was able to wrestle B and stave her off with a snack of pretzels, while we waited and waited and waited. Thank God, she came in, finally. B/P was fantastic! On;y gained 2 pounds. Baby M's HR was 160. And I measured in at 31.5 weeks, which was pretty good in my book.
 
 
The exit receptionist, I can't remember her name, is great! I always try to get her. Luckily today she was the only one there. Everyone else had left for lunch. She always tries to work with my schedule, and today she was able to get me back on track so that my Hubby can come to my appointments on his day off. YAY!
 
With a pretzel filled toddler in tow, we headed off for lunch. Our usual restaurant, Chic-fil-A, was extremely busy, so I agreed to Steak and Shake. Not my favorite place at all, but it was affordable. Now, to the fun part! We went to JoAnn Fabric. My mom wanted to show me these kits to make cloth diaper covers. Wow! I was impressed. Definitely going to show these to my husband. I tried to tell him about them and all the other goodies I found, but then realized he was laying back in the recliner asleep. Oh well.......there's always tomorrow.
 
 
 
 
This is the pattern. And it's on sale for $4.79! They look so easy and have all the stuff there to make them. I have a ton of flat fold diapers, that make wonderful inserts. So, I don't think I'll have to make their version.
 
If my back wasn't starting to ache, then I could have stayed longer. I found some peacock feathers, wooden letters, yarn, and a milk glass vase thingy that I liked. Yep, I'll be dragging my husband back with some money, soon.
 
I think I'm off to bed now. Have a Super-Duper Weekend. And a great New Year!
 
 
 


No comments: