Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The baby can't come yet......

I had another topic I was going to talk about tonight, but I think I'll save it for tomorrow. This morning, not so bright and very early, at 4:30am, I woke Hubby up for his long 2 hour drive. A few seconds after the alarm went off, I realized I was having pretty steady contractions. They continued when I walked around and when I was off my feet. They weren't hard, but I knew they were there. They stayed timely until about 11am.  So, my morning consisted of watching B play in the living room, while I crocheted on my blanket. I loaded the dishwasher, and then it was back on the couch for me. Not a lot went on today. I took My oldest daughter to gymnastics, and my Mother brought over a pot of homemade sausage-lentil soup and some banana pudding. Her and the kids even cleaned up the kitchen afterwards. Staying off of my feet is hard, easier said than done. I'm a fidget, and the crocheting has helped keep me down. I need to make it another 2.5-3 weeks, and then I can clean, walk, do whatever to my heart's content. But until then, I don't need any trips to the hospital. I know my body, and know how much I can handle. Looking back, I'm so glad that I set a deadline to stop baking. I would have hated to cancel bookings, or to turn people away. I have been turning people away. Still got another request this week. I hope people understand that my body needs rest, and we want a strong healthy baby. 

Good night everyone. Hope tomorrow is better.

No comments: