Friday, January 25, 2013

I'm feeling a bit helpless right about now....

Bed-rest is almost the equivalent of torture. For a fidgety person like me, I just can't be still. I'm getting cabin fever. So, we all hopped in the truck and headed to Walmart after picking up the kids from school. Usually I love getting out and walking around the store, but today has been out of sorts. I've been moody, emotional, And not a friendly person. I can cry at the drop of a hat. I guess everyone has an off day every once in a while.

The moodiness started this morning when I woke up with sinus pressure and itchy nose and eyes. That can about make anyone cranky in my book. Next the emotions came. I made a huge pot of chili, and was trying to cook it down, keeping it stirred every 15 minutes or so. But somehow it still managed to stick on the bottom. I've been trying to stay off of my feet, and I guess I let it go a little longer than the 15 minutes. Then someone (I won't mention names) stirred the scorched part into the chili. You guessed it. I cried. I just wanted to throw the whole pot away, but we spent about an hour picking the black scorch flakes out of this pot, and transferring the good chili to another pot. It's saved.

So, then came more moodiness and emotions at the store. Yes, we just had payday, but it's already gone. Here I am walking around the store, afraid to death of asking for anything, not even a small box of brownie mix to make for after our chili tonight. I'm an emotional wreck. I'm really hoping for a better day tomorrow.

I don't know if it's pregnancy hormones or not, but I can't even stand myself. Let alone anyone else stand me today. Please God get me through this!

I'm now 33 weeks, and in survival mode for the next 2 weeks. Baby M needs to stay in for a little while longer, maybe until 37 weeks. That's a month away! I'm beyond freaking out about being prepared for her. I'm sure it will all fall into place. We'll get a crib. We'll get a double stroller. The baby clothes that are packed away in the attic will eventually find themselves to the washing machine. We'll get another dresser to store her clothes. I'll get the baby carrier cover washed and the headrest put back in. We'll rearrange the bedroom in order to fit the bassinet next to my side of the bed. The list goes on. I am not ready at all...........

Big sister's room was an absolute mess! But anyway, 33 weeks and she looks like she's already dropping.
It's probably a good thing that I've not been updating Facebook for the past couple weeks. Because I'd be overloading it with tons of whiny posts. I'm sure you all appreciate my restraint. I'll just get you on here, with one big whiny post. Ha ha!

Well, I'm expecting company here any minute, for chili, brownies, and games. I am pulling up my big girl pants and sucking it all up. Enjoy your evening and your weekend.




3 comments:

Stay at home mom said...

Testing, Testing....1 2 3

Anonymous said...

Kimberly commenting as anonymous.

Anonymous said...

I can comment... By the way, this is Amy M.