Sunday, January 27, 2013

A long weekend

This weekend has felt so extensive. I usually complain about the approaching Monday, but this time I'm embracing the thought of routine and normal-ness that will come with it.

Our weekend was filled with company over on Friday night. We had a great time with our new friends. The men and my son played Risk, while I had great womanly conversations, and the girls played video games. I'm so glad the girls played so good together. My oldest daughter's best friend just moved away to Texas, and she had been heart broken for about a week now. The little girl that was over this weekend goes to the same school, and they had even cheered together at the basketball games. The future looks promising. Be it that the two of them have very different personalities, it may be a good balance. I'm excited for her. And the girl's little sister is a riot. lol. She definitely keeps you hopping. 

At one point of the night, my almost 15 month old had to show off her books in her room. So, I had to grab my camera. There are just some moments that I have to capture. 

So sweet!

On Saturday, we got up and did some very much needed grocery shopping. It wasn't enough to last us the normal 4 weeks, but it should get us by until next pay day. Saturday was also a not so good day for contractions. I had them ALL DAY. They were actually starting to really hurt. I tried to keep them at bay by drinking extra water, and resting, but they were just going to do their own thing. We quickly did our shopping at our local commissary, and then I sat in the truck, while Hubby stood in the register line.
I sat on my rear the rest of the day, and worked on the blanket I'm crocheting. 

As I sat and watched B playing on the floor, I noticed she was stacking her Mega Blocks. So, every time she stacked one I said "Good Girl". It was so cute. She started saying "good girl" every time she stacked a block after that. She's really starting to build quite a vocabulary. A few days ago she was pointing to something behind our love seat  I didn't really pay much attention to her, so she said "Mama....Bow!", really loud. I looked behind the love seat and there was one of her hair bows that had fallen behind it. What a smart little cookie. She never ceases to amaze me.


 "Good Girl!"


Of course everything that I've been eating has been giving me heartburn. Tums have helped a lot. I've had more heartburn with this pregnancy than any of my others. But I think the Chili Dogs that we made with the leftover chili, did me in.

 Lol. I mean, just look at it. Heartburn Central!


But it was awesome going down. My yummy homemade chili, all beef hot dogs, spicy brown mustard, and onions. Yes, a pregnant woman's dream. 

Today was a little more relaxed. We had a great service at church this morning. I really wished I had my camera when I picked up B from the nursery this morning. She was laid back on a stack of pillows, with books all around her, and she was holding a book up in the air, flipping through the pages. It was so adorable. The nursery worker said she had been doing that almost all morning. She certainly has a love for books. I hope it continues.

We finished the day off with tacos for lunch. Big kiddos went to their dad's for the week. B didn't scream this time when they left. That subject is a whole different post in itself, maybe another day. And then we went to my parent's house for dessert. It was a yummy Chocolate Pudding Cake. It was different, but very good.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to enlist some helpers. I need help with laundry.....dehydrating some cheapo bananas that I bought.....running some errands......and just plain chasing after a toddler.  Trying to stay off my feet is hard work. 1.5 weeks to go until I can let loose. Yippee!!!


I hope all of you have a great week ahead. God Bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.