Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Homemade Banana Pudding

Yesterday, after I had planned our dinner for the evening, I wanted to make a simple dessert. I had just bought a gallon of milk, bananas, and eggs at the store. So, Banana Pudding it was! I had some leftover crushed cookies that I had used on the mermaid cake, and thought these would be perfect with the pudding. I layered the cookie crumbs with sliced bananas and the pudding mixture. And Voila! Yummy!  I even had some strawberries left from breakfast, that I spooned on top.




Homemade Banana Pudding

3/4 c. sugar
4 Tbsp. Cornstarch
1/8 tsp. Salt
2 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
3 Egg yolks
3 1/2 c. Milk
1/4 tsp. Banana flavoring or emulsion
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla

In a large saucepan, mix together the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk in the eggs, cream cheese, and milk. Heat on medium-high heat until thickened. It may take 5-8 minutes. Once it has reached desired consistency, remove from heat, and add in flavorings. Serve warm or chilled. I think it's best when chilled for 4 or more hours.

Enjoy!

No comments: