Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Last Two Cakes Before Baby M

This weekend I'm making my last two cakes before Baby M's arrival. We probably have 5-7 weeks left, and I'm really starting to feel pregnant. I had been really energetic until Christmas. Now fatigue, contractions, and a huge belly have slapped me in the face. But I have made it further than expected without having to go on bed rest. Praise God!

So, my last two cakes........the first one is an Ariel-Little Mermaid cake. I had made one a few months ago, and the customer had purchased a topper on her own. Apparently this was an older topper, and most likely found it on eBay. But this topper is nowhere to be found around here. With no plastic topper, I had to make my own. I believe it turned out pretty good. There is always room for improvement, and I could nit-pick myself to death. But I'm satisfied. I am a perfectionist. I set my standards high, and examine myself enough that I don't any more negative criticism from anyone else. Just my personality, that's all

But here she is!



And here is the complete cake.



I hope this little girl loves her cake.


Cake #2 is for a Minnie Mouse Theme. The part that I am making is a 6 inch smash cake with hot pink icing, white polka dots, and the little girl's name on the front. He mother is providing a Minnie Mouse candle, which will tie everything together. We are invited to this birthday party, but it looks like we may not be able to go. B still has a low grade fever, and we don't want to expose another 1 year old to this "whatever" it is virus. So I'm hoping to get a picture of the cake at her party, somehow.




Happy 1st Birthday Camryn!!!

No comments: