Friday, January 11, 2013

Just didn't seem like a Friday

Was it really Friday?
 
Gee, I don't know. Today has been a blur. Once again, I was awakened by our feverish toddler. This time she was crying because she was chilled. We snuggled on the couch for about an hour early this morning, while everyone slept. I'm really starting to wonder if she has the flu. If it is, it's not a bad case, and I hope that nobody else in the family gets what she has. Prayers for our family are still appreciated.
 
I heard on the news tonight that the CDC is considering this year's flu as an epidemic. Crazy! It seems as though every other person on my Facebook thread has the flu. I wish them all well. It's not fun.
 
My husband was such a huge help today. He took the kids to school, paid bills, went to the store for me (twice), picked up my son after school, picked up my daughter from cheerleading practice, and helped with our sick toddler. I wouldn't know what to do without him on a day like this. I am in the process of making my last 2 cakes, before Baby M arrives. Pacing myself has been an understatement today. I have had countless breaks, and even took an hour nap on the couch. To my surprise, I snore! Hubby says I was snoring pretty loud, while I was out. Me? Snore? Nah!
 
So as I'm writing this, I'm having some Braxton Hicks contractions. I've probably noticed about 5 in the last hour. They're not too hard, and they'll usually go away with some rest. It's my body telling me it's had enough. So, I'm drinking water, waiting for my 10 inch white cake to cook, and writing on my blog.......wasting a little time, off my feet. It's probably a good thing that this is my last week to bake. I had two different calls this week for cakes wanted in February. I hated to turn them down, because they sounded really cool. One would have been a Monster High cake and the other a 3D dinosaur.
 
Tonight's cake is another Ariel-Little Mermaid cake. This time I made the topper from chocolate. It's quite cute. I could use some more practice on figures, but I'm satisfied with the result.
 
Somehow, in all the madness of today, I managed to make dinner. Rotisserie pork chops, garlic-herb roasted red potatoes, and green peas. Yum! Not a complaint around the dinner table tonight. I definitely beat last night's frozen pizzas. Usually on my baking days I have trouble fitting in making a meal, but with Hubby's help today, it fell into place.
 
Well, I've had about 3 glasses of water now, and time to check on the cake.  I will post pictures of the Ariel topper later this weekend.
 
Hope you all are enjoying my blog. Feel free to leave some comments.

No comments: