Monday, January 21, 2013

What happened over the weekend

I really slacked in my posts over the weekend, so I thought I'd give you a short recap of all that happened.

Friday
Friday night we packed up Ms. B and headed to 3 hours of elementary basketball and my oldest daughter's cheer competition. Great games! The boys and girls teams both won in basketball. But the highlight of the night was the cheer competition. There were a total of 8 teams/schools participating in the local competition. All the girls were so cute. My daughter and her teammates all had their hair pulled up and curled, with glitter sprayed in their hair, and a glittery "paw print" on their cheek. Their mascot, the cougar, was dressed in costume and dancing among the crowd. It was so amazing to see and hear all the fans and parents cheering the girls on. I saw that we had the best response out of the crowd. The girls did an amazing routine to the instrumental tune of "Gangnam Style". Their bodies were bobbing, turning, and arms swinging. I do believe that if they hadn't well rehearsed, that one of them might have gotten their head knocked off. That's how tight this routine was. I was so proud, my heart pounding, as I cheered them on. It was so hot in the gym that I could feel my face getting red, and I was trying to not get over emotional. You know, pregnancy has a tendency of doing that. I saw my husband look over at me, and I sucked up the tears of joy, really fast. Then it was waiting time. They were to announce the winner during the half time of the next game. All the teams were awarded a certificate of participation, then they started announcing the winners for the trophies. 3rd place, everyone cheered.....2nd place, we still weren't announced. But this one was a rival team, everyone cheered.......1st Place! Was my daughter's team! Fans all over the stands jumped to their feet and cheered loudly. I am so happy for all the hard work that they put in. Cheerleading has definitely been a bonus for my daughter. I hope she continues to do this. It makes her so happy. 

My daughter is in the top left. So proud!


Saturday

The morning started off with Coffee, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, and homemade gravy. Yum! We had a surprise guest for breakfast, who wanted to take Hubby to the range to shoot (One of Hubby's favorite things to do). I stayed behind with B and cleaned up the house a bit. I'd been working on a crocheted blanket. I'm loving this crocheting thing. To me, it's so much easier than knitting. Right now I only have one stripe. I'm waiting for payday, so I can get the other colors for the blanket. The way I've been working on it, I should have it done in about 2 weeks. 

Just one stripe so far. I'll be adding tan and olive too.

That night we had some friends over to play games. We met them at the the basketball/cheerleading games a few months ago. We have daughter's on the same team and same grade in school. What a win-win for everyone. So, the guys had decided in advance that they wanted to play Risk. Us girls had never played it before. I had remembered way back, when I was in church youth group, that a group of guys would play Risk at our Lock-ins. But I didn't know much about it. About 1/2 way into the game, us girls, decided we would do something different at the next get together, and leave the Risk playing to the guys. But we had a great time.



Sunday

Sunday morning we decided to take a day off and sleep. The game of Risk had lasted until 12:30am the night before, and we needed to recuperate. It felt great to stay in my PJ's and kick around the house all morning and watch Disney cartoons on the Family Channel. They had been showing a great assortment of our favorites. Not a lot was accomplished yesterday, except for the baby blanket I started. 


The yarn is so soft. I'm going to make the stripes a little wider than the last one, and do the colors in yellow, blue, and green. I have someone in mind that I'm going to give this to. 

Monday

Here it is Monday, and so far today, I've only accomplished the dishes. Hubby and I watched the Presidential Inauguration, although, it wasn't high on my list of things to do today. Diapers have been washed, dried, and waiting on me to fold them. And then when B wakes up, we will be getting down some of the new baby's things from the attic. We don't have a crib for her yet, but my plan is to go ahead and rearrange B's room for her new roommate. We are going to lay out the room, and go ahead and put the mattress on the floor, where her crib will be. I'm hoping this will get B used to the idea that someone new is moving in. We've been taking about the new baby to her, and she pats my stomach and says "baby" or "mah-mah". But I don't totally think she really understands how her whole world will turn upside down in the next few weeks. 

Tomorrow, Hubby goes back to work, and the kiddos go back to school. Routine....routine....schedules...gymnastics....homework.....etc. Yay!

You all have a blessed week! 







No comments: