Wednesday, January 16, 2013

This is how we roll.

All this rain has made me feel lazy. I have a right to be lazy occasionally, don't I?  So, this morning was spent watching my 14 month old play with her Little People house. She loves that thing.

We got her the Farm for Christmas, but the House is her favorite. 


And as soon as she sees me with the camera, she gets up and shows off.


She loves to show me her "mamas".


And now she has this fascination with putting toys in our shoes and boots.

What a little stinker! She keeps me busy, but makes me laugh. I usually keep the baby gate up in the doorway of the living room, but sometimes I let her follow me around the house, just to give her a bit of freedom. So, what does she do today? She gets into my pineapple plants in the kitchen, and eats a handful of dirt! I put nothing past this child. She is one in a million!

There is so many things to clean around the house that are calling to me. But I seriously am trying to stay off my feet. I was even having Braxton Hicks contractions before I got out of bed this morning. I did put a load of dishes into the dish washer, washed a load of clothes and a load of cloth diapers.  That's where I'm stopping for housework. 

We do need to eat tonight though. I pulled all of my ingredients and threw together a large pot of Brunswick Stew. It's not the original recipe this time; I had to use some substitutes. But that's what's great about this stew. It's so forgiving. You can add about anything and it would still be good. I'm pairing it tonight with some cornbread muffins, and possibly a pumpkin spice cake. We'll have to see about the cake. It all depends on how I'm feeling and if I have time. 


Brunswick Stew


At the request of my daughter and her fellow cheerleaders, tonight the parents have been invited to watch her team practice for our local elementary cheer competition. They compete this coming Friday night. Their cheer routine was outstanding for an elementary team. I really hope they win this competition.

Well, I ended up not having time to make the cake. I may make it tomorrow, since we'll be having leftover stew for dinner. I did, however, take a little time to watch my instructional video, to learn to crochet. I had asked my mother several times to teach me, but somehow we can never find the time. And I've been seeing all these cute things to make, and my fingers have been itching to learn how. 


I did it! I'm so proud of myself. *Notice B's pen drawing on my table. lol


And today my shipment from Target finally arrived. So happy to finally have these and not have to wash diapers every single day.

Guppy Green, Gentle Taupe, and Groovy Grape. Cool Names!

That's it. That's how we roll in this house. 

Happy Wednesday! It's all down hill from here. 








No comments: