Sunday, January 6, 2013

Coupon Surprise

It's kinda sad to see Saturday go so fast. Today I woke up with no sinus pain. Yippee! Thank you God. My oldest daughter cheers for her elementary basketball team. So, we headed out to catch the game this morning. After that we went grocery shopping at our local commissary.
 
I will step you back a few months..............I had been asking for a printer since the summer. I asked for one for my birthday. Got a day at the spa. So, on our chalkboard in the kitchen, I put "printer" on my "Wish List". Guess what? My step-MIL got it for me for Christmas. Be it not the best quality one out there and I didn't get to pick it out. But it prints coupons pretty good. Now mind you, at the grocery store today, my husband kept complaining about my stack of coupons. He made remarks about how I was only buying things because I had a coupon for it. Not the case at all. I only printed coupons that I thought I would use. He teased me the whole shopping trip......until he saw how much came off of the total. I am the first to admit that I'm not an Extreme Couponer or aka hoarder, but I'm learning. I've been trying to read up on couponing from other websites and blogs. I checked out the sales for this week online for our local Commissary. I printed all the coupons I could find useful. Hubby had allotted $250 for this month's shopping trip. Of course we buy more milk and bread, etc. as needed. So, don't freak out yet. Our total came to $243. And at that point he was giving me the stink eye. He hands the cashier a wad of coupons, all individually folded in half, where he had been sticking them in his front pocket, as I handed them to him. Of course the cashier schooled him on how to not fold the coupons. Ha Ha! One after one she scanned all the coupons. I could see the excitement in his eyes. The total ended up to be $210! We saved $33. Which was $40 under our budget. I am pleased to tell you that he told me that he was proud. :-) I put the printer to good use.
 
Some of the blogs and websites that I have been looking at are:
Coupons.com
Commissary

If you are a military family, I highly suggest shopping at your local Commissary. It almost feels like we save 50%, compared to other stores.

Tomorrow is Sunday, and I plan on getting a couple of Sunday Papers for the coupons. .................And I better not hear any complaining abut coupons anymore.

 


No comments: