Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Our Dreams, Goals, and Aspirations

Well, I say "Our", but really I can only account for "My". They're mostly "ours", with the flavor of "mine". Confused Yet? It sounds a bit selfish, but really not intended to be.

I wanted to write about this topic, because I've been very dreamy here lately. Blame it on the pregnancy, right? I think so. Over the past few weeks, I've caught myself looking outside and daydreaming......doing laundry and daydreaming.....looking online and daydreaming. Really I've been a dreamer ever since I can remember. But we should all have dreams. We should want better, to improve, to upgrade, God's blessings in our lives........  I mean, what kind of world would we live in if we never dreamed. Our dreams may be common or completely different. But that's what makes us great.

We don't have a fancy, expensive house. We don't have the latest electronics or appliances. But we have what we need, and we are blessed. We have each other, and we're happy. If anyone knows me, they know that I'm a very practical person, and we live very non-extravagant lives. Almost everything I cook is from scratch, and not from a box. We garden, cloth diaper, make our own baby food, etc.

Short-Term Goals
First I'll give you a glimpse of "my" goals. These are reachable, short-term goals. Some are physical, some are spiritual, and some are subject to change.
  • To have this baby in a few weeks - I've never made it to 40 weeks. Don't think I even want to now.
  • Get a baby crib and  double stroller.
  • Laundry Room Makeover - I want to rip up the carpet, lay tile, paint, decorate, and organize. This room is a catch-all for tools, dogs, sewing machine, crafts, and canning jars. What a mess!
  • Put in an extra wall outlet for my computer table. As of right now, We're walking over an extension cord. Not a pretty site.
  • Get a grow-light and start my seeds for the garden. They need to be somewhat mature for May planting.
  • Finish the crown molding and trim painting in the living room
  • Loose about 50 pounds - I'm really wanting to get back into shape after this baby. Not only do I want to appeal to my husband, but also to myself. I say 50 pounds, but really weight doesn't bother me. I'd realistically like to be a size 10. I got close a few years ago. I know I can do it. 
  • Read my Bible more and continue to help in the Church.
  • Another herb garden
  • Trellis for my blackberries and raspberries
  • Blackberries replanted
Longer-Term Goals

Secondly, these are goals that my take a little bit longer. And will probably need some husband persuading, to get accomplished. 
  • Attic converted to a bedroom and small bathroom.
  • wall between kitchen and living room shortened or removed, to give this little ranch house a more open concept.
  • Son's bedroom turning into a sewing and craft room.
  • Redo the front flower beds, and use river rock instead of mulch. I really don't like mulch.
The above goals, would keep us in our present house a little while longer. Probably until the older kids graduated from high school.......Which brings me to "our dream".


Our Dream
Something that Hubby and I have talked about since we've been together, is buying some land, not too much, but not too little. We want at least a 4 bedroom/2 bath house with woods, field, and maybe a stream. We want privacy, somewhere that the neighbor kid doesn't know everything that you do and holler over the fence to you. We want neighbors, but not close ones. We want laying hens, and chickens to eat, goats, and maybe a dairy cow. I love to garden, so I want a large garden and lots of fruit and nut trees. Hubby wants property to be able to hunt on, and a garage to "dink" in. lol. Yes, those are his words. 

I don't think these dreams and goals are unreasonable  They are the desires of our hearts, and something that I ask God for everyday. Our lives will never be perfect, but much improved. I have learned to be happy with what I have. 

Psalm 37:1-9
Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of those who do wrong; for like the grass they will soon wither, like the green plants they will soon die away. Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the disires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret-it leads only to evil. For evil men will be cut off, but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land.

No comments: